HOW I READ

 I have mixed feeling about reading in my personal opinion. I like to read but I still resent it as it was forced on me. At first I did love to read books as I was normally shy and didn't like to talk to others so I would instead bury myself in a book. I did and still do love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and love how its written. After a while teachers started assigning work like reading logs where it was mandatory for us to read and write a report on it. Sometimes it was fun to write it, but it still felt like it was mandatory work. Sometimes they needed us to read a book in a certain amount of time and graded us on how many we read. I didn't like this as it set a time period for me to have to finish the book and felt like I needed to do it by force for my grade. This took the fun in reading as I constantly saw it as a daily task and not a hobby. The recommendations given in the post "How We Read" are trying to understand the books we don't like, think about how you define reading, read the books you love, and not expecting to find the answers in the pages. The book I am reading is called City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire and so far its very nostalgic to the first book and I don't know if its because there similar or because I read a bit of the book last year, but then dropped it as we started reading a book as a class. I do believe I took a test on it even though i never finished like 5/6 of the book just because I needed points for reading and I somehow got almost 100%, This is probably because I went off the show instead .

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

PAGES FROM MY JOURNAL #3

PAGES FROM MY JOURNAL #1

LES MIS BK 2 CH 6