FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020-2021

     I thought going into my sophomore year of high school would have been like going into high school as a freshmen but with less anxiety and less getting lost looking for classes. I also had high hopes for the end of our freshmen year. However I did not expect my freshmen year to end with me at home locked in my room. It was kind of surprising that we suddenly went into quarantine right after they said there was a possibility of going into quarantine in a few days. So far this school year has been a rollercoaster of surprises and it has took a while to get used to everything. 

    Before I used to dread English class. The only thing I looked forward to in it was the very few books that caught my interest and the silent reading. This English course was different from other courses however. Apart from other classes this English course actually caught my interest. However the subjects in this course where still considered at least to me, a bit boring, but that wasn't what interested me in this course. What truly interested me was the conversations and how this course challenged us to think of more difficult questions and also questions that most of us don't consider answering because we overlook them (specifically with journal blogs). These conversations/talks we had where the most meaningful things I had in this course with everyone. We all got to share our ideas and talk about them, and even if we didn ' t get the chance to we still got the chance to put it out there through our blogs. My blog is honestly the thing I'm most proud of this year. When I look back at it I really can't believe I was motivated enough to write it. 

    In this course and I must say in this entire year, even though how bad it had turned out with covid and everything else I definitely would not change anything. I however wish I did not wait till Thursday to do all my homework and assignments for my classes. I don't like having work to do over a long period of time and tend to cram it all within a day and I end up stressing myself out a bit. This course definitely helped me keep more organized with everything and helped me learn how to keep a schedule. This would help me keep more organized with my things without having to stress over forgetting something later. 

    This semester I've read FNAF the twisted ones, Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows, and a book from one of my favorite series Shadowhunter's called Shadowhunter's City of Ashes. Foreshadowing made a huge effect on Shadowhunter's specifically for me. There where many hints throughout the story that got me hooked onto the story which gave it a hint of questioning which way the story was going to head. In FNAF symbolism and mood really made the book for me. The mood really gave it that creepy factor, while the symbolism in phrases said by characters and items / details described gave it that sense of mystery. It really made me feel good when finding a connection between things in the book.

    This course really has been the best English course I've had ever. I really just wonder how it would be if we where in class physically. I've learned so much about myself and other things in this semester despite corona virus swallowing the world. Even though it did take a bit to get used to things online, it really was one of the best classes I've ever had, which in my opinion is on par with art class for me on which is the best.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

PAGES FROM MY JOURNAL #3

LES MIS BK 2 CH 6

PAGES FROM MY JOURNAL #1